Saturday, April 4, 2020

It really is Saturday...

Jim, Andrea & Mary in happier times
I was lazy yesterday but I'm really slothlike today (Saturday 4/4).

My phone reminded me that 4 years ago today we were in Savannah, Georgia with friends Jim and Andrea Bradshaw.  This was a, "why don't we just go" trips that we all enjoyed for a number of years when we were all retired (mostly) and could come and go as we pleased.

Today with COVID-19 in the picture, we can't go anywhere not deemed essential (motels are, RV Parks & campgrounds are not) - some North Carolina counties are preventing Tennessee licensed vehicles from crossing into NC and others are restricting access to residents only.  Florida has long
Beach Bum 2016
entry lines checking for undocumented aliens from the likes of Louisiana and New York.

All the while gasoline for my thirsty RV is less expensive than it has been in many years and police along the way might ask me for my note from my employer saying I am employed in an essential job (let me see your papers rings a bell) or I might be fined for risking COVID-19 or be tossed into a jail where I will be sure to get it.  Then I can't return to the state I just left without a 14 day quarentine (in ine of those essential contaminated motel instead of my non-essential RV kept meticulously clean and sanitized by my nurse wife).

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
The madness perpetrated on the American governments (state, federal and local) in the name of keeping us safe is astounding.  But not to worry - this will all be over by April 1, 2020 -- OOPS, that was last Wednesday.  How about April 15, 2020. May ...............

No wonder I'm tired!

Tennessee: 3067 Loudon County: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post civil your comments here, I would love to know what you think.

"The Meaning of July Fourth for the Negro"

  by Frederick Douglass Fellow Citizens, I am not wanting in respect for the fathers of this republic. The signers of the Declaration...